Coating thickness gauge NOVOTEST TP-2020 is designed for thickness measuring of coatings based on ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Variety of various sensors make it possible of non-destructive testing of protective coatings with a wide thicknesses range. Thickness gauge can also measure next parameters: the depth of grooves and corrosion, surface roughness as well as temperature control, ambient humidity and dewpoint temperature, therefore covering a wide range of tasks by one universal unit (thickness gauge).
Coating Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST TP-2020
The main advantages and tasks that can be solved with Coating Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST TP-2020 :
To suit specific control requirements depending on the thickness, base and coating to be measured, there are various types of probes. Coating Thickness Gauge TP-2020 has a wide range of measured coatings (from 0 up to 60 mm), therefor are able to make protective coatings revision starting with films, body paint thickness to coatings of metal constructing, bridges, oil and gas pipelines and other objects with bitumned coatings.
Coating thickness gauge TP-2020 has operating modes that make it able to rapidlu and with high accuracy inspect of protective coatings.
- Normal – the device displays the value of the current measurement or the average over a series of measurements
- Control – used in cases where it is necessary to control the coating with clearly defined thicknesses. During measurements, coating thinness gauge illustrate the difference in thickness of the measured and reference coatings, analyzing which the operator makes conclusions about coating quality
- Statistics – monitor the following parameters of a series of measurements: maximum and minimum value, deviation, average value, number of measurements
- Automatic averaging mode – after each measurement, the device by default includes this result in the set of averaged values
Measurement of electroplated and paint coatings on steel substrates. Suitable sensor F-0.5. Coating thickness measurement range from 0 to 500 microns.
Measurement of paint, varnish, polymer (and any other dielectric) coatings on steel substrates thickness more than 0.5 mm. Use sensors F-2 and F-5, which provide a control range up to 2/5 mm, respectively.
Measurement of coatings non-ferrous metals – the NF-2 sensor is used at measurements from 0 to 2 mm (2000 μm).
Very thick coatings at metals (non-ferrous and ferrous). M12, M30 and M60 sensors are used, which are able measuring up to 12, 30 and 60 mm, respectively.
Roughness measurement – a DSh sensor is used to measuring roughness, depth of corrosion and defects, grooves surface`s.
Measurement of temperature, humidity and dew point – DTVR converter
Further, coating thickness gauge are able measuring anodized and zinc protective coatings, metal oxide films revision, rhodium and copper, which has used at automotive industry, production and construction of metal structures.
- Higher speed of measurements and readiness for another
- Sound and visual indication
- Built-in memory in thickness gauge, there are able to save the test results and transfer them to a PC
- Improving at measurement accuracy and stability
- Introduced new displaying measurements, thereby increasing the convenience of measuring.
A full-fledged calibration of the thickness gauge with a conditionally unlimited number of points (up to 100 points) for calibration, which are able to set up thickness gauge by definite reference at the most accurate results. Therefore there are practically haven`t limitation of product shape and material bases. User can independently calibrate it in a couple of minutes instead of sending the thickness gauge to production as it was before.
Device is made in an ergonomic shape with convenient interface buttons that can be used with gloves (during production) or at low temperatures, and a shock-resistant case in a protective silicone bumper will protect among accidental drops. Wide range of operating temperatures from -20 to + 40 ° C make it possible to be used it at extreme conditions.