Gaussmeter (Magnetometer) NOVOTEST MF-1 – is used to measure magnetic field parameters and material magnetic properties.
The magnetic field can be called a manifestation of the electromagnetic field caused by move of the charged particles and changes in the electric field. It exerts force on moving charged particles or a conductor with current.
The basic physical quantity is the magnetic induction B, which characterizes the impact force of the magnetic field at each it’s point, both in value and in direction. Magnetic induction – is a vector quantity, which is represented by a vector B, has a direction, and coincides with the direction of tangent to the power line at any point of the field, because the magnetic field can be represented by magnetic flux lines – lines of force.
The magnetic field can be uniform (A, B) and inhomogeneous (C). In a uniform field magnetic induction vectors B at any point of the field are the same and directed to one side. Otherwise, the field is considered inhomogeneous. Magnetometers according to the detected value can be divided into devices for measuring particular parameters, such as:
1) inclinometers and declinator – direction of the field;
2) gradiometers – field gradient;
3) gaussmeter – magnetic induction;
3) webermeters or fluxmeters – the magnetic flux;
4) coercimeters – coercive force; etc.
The most commonly used devices for measuring magnetic induction and strength of magnetic field, which allows to:
- identify conformity of equipment for magnetic particle inspection to the required specifications;
- test the level of induction fields of tested products, components or devices before/during magnetic particle inspection;
- test the level of remanent magnetization;
- test the level of industrial interference;
- test the level of magnetic fields.
The measurement of magnetic induction and strength of magnetic field in AC and DC magnetic fields, performed with using gaussmeter with Hall probe (sensor). When user places the Hall probe in a magnetic field on lateral edges of sensor an electromotive force is generated.
Advantages of gaussmeter with Hall probe are:
- simplicity of design;
- ease of operation;
- high metrological characteristics.
- measurement accuracy depends on the temperature.