Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST UT-1M
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST UT-1M is designed for rapid non-destructive thickness testing of:
- products made of various metals, alloys and other materials;
- glass, plastic, composite and other products from non-metallic materials;
- the walls of the tanks, pipes, casing parts, sheets, overhead, and other structures, including the corroded surfaces, pitted, with scum, etc.;
- products during their production and operation;
- metal products for diagnostic and expert work with one-side access to the tested object.
Ultrasonic method for measuring thickness
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST UT-1M operates on the principle of measuring the propagation time of ultrasound in the given material. The pulse generator produces a high frequency electrical pulses that excite the piezoelectric transducer (Probe). The transducer converts electrical signals into the elastic (mechanical) vibrations – sound waves. These waves propagate from the surface of the input to the reflective (bottom) surface and back, re-taken and converted into electrical signal by means of PET. After that device calculates the thickness of tested object.
The device has Echo-Echo mode. Using special Echo-Echo probe, it allows to measure thickness of metals, through paint coatings (up to 1mm).