Brinell Hardness Tester NOVOTEST TS-B-C2
Digital Brinell Hardness Tester NOVOTEST TS-B-C2 is an advanced digital bench hardness tester designed for testing parts of alloys, hardened steel, and metals in laboratories. The device implements the Brinell hardness test method in line with ISO 6506-2 and ASTM E10 and is equipped with a photoelectric sensor to measure the diameter of imprints, while the microprocessor control unit automatically calculates and displays the hardness value. This hardness tester is the most functional model of the bench-top Brinell hardness testers. Its versatility and wide range of test forces make it applicable to soft metals such as tin, aluminum, and lead, as well as hardened steel, alloys and castings of non-ferrous metals, and soft alloy bearings. This Brinell hardness tester gives more accurate readings for low hardness values in comparison with Rockwell hardness testers.
Brinell hardness tester is used for:
- hardness testing of metal products by the Brinell scales;
- hardness testing of metals with different properties without additional calibrations;
- coarse-grain metal materials (cast iron, casted parts, non-ferrous metals and alloys);
- non-hardened steel;
- various tempered steels, hardening and tempering steels;
- products from soft metals (pure aluminum, lead, tin) and soft alloys;
- quality testing of heat treated metal parts;
- verification of calibration hardness test blocks;
- production of hardness test blocks, which can be used for calibration of portable hardness testers.
Key Features of NOVOTEST TS-B-C2:
Digital improvements for comfort and precision
The tester features a computer-controlled load system with software and a photoelectric sensor similar to the microscope for the high-resolution recognition of imprints. All testing data such as the test method, test force, the hardness value and its exchange, the dwell time of test force, numbers of measurements and its storage is displayed on the large LCD screen.
Automated load application for worry-free measurements
Digital Brinell Hardness Tester NOVOTEST TS-B-C2 has a fully automatic load application cycle: loading, dwell of the test load, and unloading. The motorized hard-alloy indenters and electronic control system allow for making measurements with the highest precision. The absence of mechanical weights allows to avoid friction and vibration sensitivity on the machine. As the device applies the load automatically throughout the entire measurement cycle, human error is excluded at all stages of the measurement.
Smart measurement of imprints and instant display of the hardness value
Imprint diameter is measured manually by the built-in microscope, then operator inputs data and see ready hardness value on LCD screen. Operating is very easy, fast and convenient, no manual tables are used.
Automatic scale switching
The TS-B-C2 easily switches between other scales, namely Rockwell and Vickers.
A wide range of test forces for different hardness values
The device uses a wide range of test forces for test objects of various types and sizes. TS-B-C2 has 10 testing force settings that allow hardness values to be measured using each of the ten Brinell hardness scales: from 62.5 kgf to 3000 kgf.
Wide application range
The device can be used to test the hardness of almost any metal. Mainly, it is suitable for the measurement of hardness of cast iron, steel, non-ferrous metals and soft alloy metals. What is more, it can be applied for some non-metal materials such as hard plastics and bakelite, etc. The maximum height of the test object is 185 mm, while the maximum depth is 135 mm.
Connectivity and data printing
The measurement imprints can be viewed through the built-in 20X microscope with a backlight that is supplied in the delivery set. The microscope’s accuracy is 0.005 mm so the imprint can be checked in the tiniest details.
Also, users can quickly print the readings out using the built-in printer (optional) or send the readings to PC via RS-232 interface for analysis.
Advanced settings for each specific task
The device can be user-calibrated additionally and it might be necessary after a few years of use.
Optional Digital camera-microscope system + PC software
The optional digital microscope with software for PC can be used for analysis and measurement of the imprints with even greater precision! The microscope is placed over the imprint from the test object and is connected to a PC through the special software. The system defines the image and measures its diameter, and calculates the hardness value that is displayed on the screen. Readings can be saved in the program database along with the images of imprints. The system significantly speeds up the analysis, reduces the possibility of error, and gives a unique opportunity for documenting the testing results. This gives the instrument the functionality of the top Brinell hardness testers.
- Higher accuracy and excellent performance
- Multifunctional closed-circuit control system
- Photoelectric sensor
- High-precision optical measurement module
- Optical microscope
- Automatic recalculation between hardness scales
- Bright color display
- Fully automatic load application to exclude human error in the measurement cycle
- A wide range of test forces for testing materials with different hardnesses
- A large testing space for parts of different shapes and sizes
- User calibration by the necessary test load
- Data output to PC
- Printing results through built-in printer
- Connection to a digital camera measurement system (optionally)
- Easy menu navigation
- Easy measurement procedure
- High-quality materials and workmanship
- High durability
- Long life
- Warranty and lifelong after-sales support the cover spare parts
- Competitive price
|Brinell scales and loads||
|Hardness test range||8 ~ 650 HBW|
|Size and requirements to test objects||Thick and large objects with rough surface such as rusty and roughly machined parts|
|Scales conversion||Automatically to Rockwell and Vickers scales|
|Microscope resolution||0.005 mm|
|Maximum height of the test object||185 mm (optionally 500 mm)|
|Maximum depth of the test object||135 mm (optionally up to 200 mm)|
|Dwell time||5-60 seconds, adjustable|
|The power source and the voltage||AC 220V ± 5%, 50-60 Hz|
|Dimensions||550 x 210 x 750 mm|
|Net weight||~130 kg|
|Gross weight||~140 kg|
- Brinell Indenters (d = 2.5 mm; 5 mm, and 10 mm) and others
- Standard hardness test blocks HB, HBW and others
- External optical 20X measuring microscope with the backlight
- Сamera imprint measuring system of scanning of imprints, which allows operator to get imprint on PC monitor and, as a result, to measure it easily
- Large testing table
- Medium testing table
- V-shaped testing table
- Bolt adjuster
- Other types of power supply
- Power cable
- Calibration certificate from an independent metrology agency
- Brinell Hardness Tester NOVOTEST TB-B-CM – 1 pc
- Hard alloy steel balls (d=2.5; 5, and 10 mm) – 1 pc
- Built-in optical (analog) 20X measuring microscope – 1 pc
- Large testing table (20 cm) – 1 pc
- Medium testing table (6 cm) – 1 pc
- V-shaped testing table (8 cm) – 1 pc
- Brinell hardness test blocks
– HBW/3000/10 (150～250) – 1 pc
– HBW/1000/10 (75～125) – 1 pc
– HBW/187.5/2.5 (150～250) – 1 pc
- Bolt adjuster – 4 pcs
- Power cable – 1 pc
- Fuse – 2 pcs
- Operation manual
- Calibration certificate
- Transportation box